Raspberry Lemon Donuts:
1/2 cup plain yogurt
4 tablespoons butter
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup Stevia
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup raspberries – cut in half (cut in 1/4’s if doing mini donuts)
Cream Cheese Glazed Frosting
2 tbsp butter
2 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup Swerve Confectioners Sugar
2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
How To Make Raspberry Lemon Donuts:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients listed for the Raspberry Lemon Donuts except for the raspberries and mix well.
- Fill donut molds with mixture. This should fill 9 regular size donut molds or 12 mini donut molds. *see notes below*
- Press your raspberries into the donut batter.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Once done, let cool on a cooling rack.
- After your donuts are completely cool, you can glaze with the Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze Frosting.
How To Make Cream Cheese Glaze Frosting:
- Beat together the butter and cream cheese until you have a smooth creamy texture.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix just until well blended. If you prefer a thinner glaze, you can continue to add a teaspoon of heavy whipping cream until you get your desired consistency.
- Drizzle your glaze over the top of your donuts and enjoy!
When filling donut mold, I find it easiest to pour the batter into a large ziploc batter and snip the corner to easily squeeze it into the mold like you would use a frosting piping bag. If you do not have a donut pan, you can make these into muffins.
When doing muffins, I think the mini size muffins work best but you can do 6 regular size muffins too, just adjust the time accordingly and check for doneness using a toothpick in the center and watch for it to come out clean.
When mixing the cream cheese glaze, be careful not to beat the mixture too long once you have added the heavy whipping, or the cream will thicken and you will end up with a thick frosting rather than a thin glaze.
I like to use a ziploc bag to drizzle the glaze over the donuts, in the same way I fill the donut molds. I simply pour the glaze in a small ziploc bag and cut a small piece of the corner off and use it as I would a frosting piping bag to add the glaze to these delicious Glazed Raspberry Lemon Donuts.
These donuts should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge and can be enjoyed cold or my favorite, warmed up for a few seconds in the microwave
Keywords: LovingTheKetoLife, KetoRecipes, Low-Carb